The past day 17th of november I had the great honour to present a session in Málaga JUG about “Java and the Internet of Things”. (If interested in knowing more about the activities organised by the Málaga JUG follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MalagaJUG – stay tuned to new events on Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/es-ES/MalagaJUG – and if you are also a Scala enthusiast, don’t hesitate to follow the sibling group Málaga Scala Developers here: https://www.meetup.com/es-ES/Malaga-Scala/.)
Besides introducing basic concepts about the IoT and the role of Java and the JVM in the architecture of IoT solutions, we showed some demos with practical examples that hopefully will inspire on you fabulous new projects.
Slides (mostly in Spanish) are available on SlideShare: https://www.slideshare.net/deors/la-jvm-y-el-internet-de-las-cosas-mlagajug-20161117
A video recording of the session can be watched online here: https://twitter.com/MalagaJUG/status/799323631868203008
I hope that you enjoyed the session and wish to meet you all in future Málaga JUG events.
This post is a short summary with links where Accenture’s JavaOne 2016 session slides can be found online, in a more stable place as compared with conference web site:
This year, third in a row, I’ve been honoured to speak at JavaOne San Francisco conference.
I will be joining forces with my colleagues Julio Palma (@restalion), Mariano Rodriguez (@locoporf1), Vicente Gonzalez (@viarellano) and Kevin Hooke (@kevinhooke) to deliver four sessions on Java ME, Java SE on constrained devices, face recognition using open standards, and web application testing with Selenium.
The full conference schedule is already available, so you can start looking at the fantastic sessions and building your own agenda for the five conference days. These are our sessions, for if you would like to join us: https://oracle.rainfocus.com/scripts/catalog/oow16.jsp?event=javaone&search=accenture&search.event=javaone
- Monday, 19 Sep, 12:30-13:30, Hilton – Golden Gate 6/7/8
- Session CON3189: Introduction to Java ME 8
- Speaking: Julio Palma and Kevin Hooke
- Tuesday, 20 Sep, 14:30-15:30, Hilton – Golden Gate 6/7/8
- Session CON3187: Java ME and Single-Board Computers for Creating Industrial Middleware
- Speaking: Julio Palma and Jorge Hidalgo
- Wednesday, 21 Sep, 13:00-14:00, Hilton – Continental Ballroom 7/8/9
- Session CON3080: Testing Java Web Applications with Selenium: A Cookbook
- Speaking: Jorge Hidalgo and Vicente Gonzalez
- Wednesday, 21 Sep, 15:00-16:00, Hilton – Golden Gate 6/7/8
- Session CON6217: All Your Faces Belong to Us: Building an Open Face Recognition Platform
- Speaking: Jorge Hidalgo and Mariano Rodriguez
Looking forward to meet you there!
This year I’ve been selected to give one talk at JavaOne 2015 San Francisco, titled “Smart Open Space Powered by Java ME, Java SE and Single-Board Computers”, along with my good friend Julio Palma (follow him on Twitter @restalion).
If you are interested in IoT stuff, like to play with embedded devices (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, etc.) and would like to see a fine reference platform for Smart Open Spaces (offices, department stores, museums, airports, etc.), you are more than welcomed to join us.
More information about the session and schedules will be available here soon!