At JavaOne a few weeks ago, Oracle made available the Java ME 8.1 Developer Preview release for the Freescale FRDM-K64F (“Java ME 8.1 in 190 KB RAM”) and announced the upcoming full release of Java ME Embedded 8.1 (press release).
On Monday this week, we followed up as promised and posted the General Availability (GA) releases of Oracle Java ME 8.1 and the Oracle ME SDK 8.1.
Oracle Java ME Embedded 8.1 and ME SDK 8.1 New Features and Enhancements
- Support for ARM Cortex-M3/-M4 micro-controllers
- Updated Raspberry Pi support
- Updated Developer Preview on FRDM-K64 with mbed
- Improved support for two additional Qualcomm Gobi device families
- New communication, security, and networking features
- New support for Eclipse IDE, including major update of the Eclipse MTJ plugin
- Developer improvements: Tooling over USB, heap analysis, faster communication
- A number of smaller enhancements and fixes
Java 8: Truly Scalable
With this release…
View original post 275 more words